Marijuana Time Table
Overall, there is no one exact answer when it comes to the question, “How long will marijuana stay in your system?” Marijuana can stay in your system for any amount of time, ranging from a few hours to well over a month or two or six, yes six month. The duration depends on several factors, such as frequency of use, potency of the marijuana, and the unique composition of the user’s system and metabolism. Generally, however, you can follow these basic guidelines:
- For infrequent users, marijuana can usually be detectable anywhere from 1-8 days after consumption.
- For occasional users, marijuana can usually be detectable anywhere from 7-21 days in the system after last use.
- For regular users, marijuana can stay detectable anywhere from 23-35 days or longer, depending on the frequency of use.
- For heavy pot users, marijuana can stay detectable anywhere from 33-48 days in the system.
- For those who use marijuana multiple times a day, it can remain in the system for over 60 days.
- When taken orally through edibles, marijuana usually remains detectable for 1-5 days after consumption, but will increase with added exposure.
- Passive Inhalation, such as second hand exposure to marijuana smoke, will not usually result in a detectable amount in the system.
If you are concerned with the presence of marijuana in your system for an upcoming drug test, there are options available. Read more about marijuana detox to learn your options.